Need immediate Assistance?Call Us Today: (419) 738-7676
How Do I Make An Online Memorial
Your loved one's legacy deserves to be celebrated. Honoring their life preserves the memories you made while allowing family and friends who may have been too far away to offer physical support the chance to celebrate your loved ones' life together.
Creating an online memorial website is a great way for everyone involved in your loved one's life, whether they are close by or live on the other side of the world, to join in honoring his or her memory.
When death occurs, there is no time to prepare for what comes next. Grieving quickly begins to take over everything in your mind; however, there are things you can do to help with all aspects of grief—including planning an online memorial for your beloved family member or friend.
Here Are A Few Tips:
- First, you need to give the person's name and the dates they were born and died. You may want to include information about his or her occupation or city. If you know any other hobbies he/she had, it would be good to mention those as well.
- We suggest finding a good, clear, and peaceful photo of your loved one. Include something about who they were and what their life was like--what you always remember them doing together as a family, the places that meant something to them, things that they cared about or worked for. Remember every tiny detail! The more, the better!
- A good strategy for creating an online memorial is to allow visitors to upload and share photos. Images of the loved one can be very comforting and provide a sense of closeness with those left behind. Including this option allows those who may not have any photographs of their lost loved ones to participate as well.
- A tribute or eulogy will not only help you remember all the good things about your loved one, but it also makes it easier for people to share memories. The best tributes are often personal recollections of how someone made a difference in his or her life. It might be very difficult for relatives and friends to speak on behalf of the deceased person so this opportunity should be seized before others have the opportunity.
- The best way to share your loved one's story is by inviting others to create their memorial and share their memories. Lots of people will be eager to do this because there are lots of great stories that can be told about someone who has died. And then once they are written down, they can live forever online. It's all about sharing and remembering and preparing for an eventual reunion with the dearly departed.
- Memorials can be set up by adding multimedia items such as video, audio, and photo albums.
What Does Honoring Life Mean
When you are grieving the loss of a loved one, honoring their life is one of the most important things you can do to help your healing process. honoring life means that you value the relationship you shared with your loved one and want to celebrate that bond in whatever way feels right to you. There are many ways to honor a life, and we are here to help you decide how to celebrate the unique individual your loved one was.
Why Everyone Should Honor the Deceased
1. It Shows Respect
Respect is key in any relationship, especially after death. Honor your loved one by showing respect through your actions and words. Speak positively about them and share memories with others. Remembering the good times is one of the best ways to show respect and keep the memory of your loved one alive.
2. It Can Help with Grief
Grief is a natural response to loss, but it can be very difficult to cope with. Honor your loved ones by talking about them and honoring their life. This process can be very helpful to the grieving person. It may not make the grief go away but honoring your loved one can help you cope with your loss and heal from it.
3. It's a Valuable Part of The Healing Process
After someone dies, honoring that person helps bring closure to everyone who knew them. Honor gives you a way to share memories of your loved ones and celebrate their life together as a community or family unit. Instead of focusing on sadness at death, honoring brings joy because it allows us to remember all the good things about our lost loved ones!
4. You Can Make Your Loved One Proud
Honoring is an excellent way to show respect for your loved one. Honoring not only keeps the memory of your loved one alive, but it shows them—even after death—that you value their life and the relationship you had with them.
5. It's A Meaningful Way to Celebrate Their Life
Honoring is a way for honoring your loved one that doesn't involve grief or pain. Your honor, whether just among family members or in public, can include speeches, flowers, places at the table at special events, photographs on display... anything that helps keep your lost loved one's memory alive and distinct from memories of sadness and loss. By honoring our lives together, we help new memories begin!
Learn More about Honoring Your Loved One
You knew your loved one better than anyone else. We’ve got years of experience. Together, we’ll design the perfect memorial or funeral service for your loved one. If you're ready to discuss the options, or simply have questions about our services, please call us at (419) 738-7676, or send us an email inquiry.